A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report the option on Cole Hamels' contract extension is either a club option at $20MM or a vesting option at $24MM.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith discussed the Jacob Turner–Anibal Sanchez–Omar Infante trade. Some teams seem willing to trade top prospects for prospective free agents, even when draft pick compensation isn't a possibility.
- Ben also explained the impact of the Carlos Quentin extension for teams outside of San Diego
- Ben posted his interview with Colby Rasmus on the one-year anniversary of the blockbuster three-team trade that sent the outfielder to Toronto.
- Daniel Seco asked MLBTR readers which available starting pitcher would provide the biggest boost as a trade deadline acquisition: Hamels, Ryan Dempster, Zack Greinke, Matt Garza, or someone else. Over 58% of you favored Hamels. The Phillies agreed with you, but the Angels are hoping you're wrong.
- Ben hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Mike Axisa put together a trade deadline themed Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- The MLBTR Reverse Standings page is now available offering readers a simple way of following the action, as teams vie for the for the best draft picks in June of 2013 by losing the most games in 2012. You can find the link under MLBTR Features in the right sidebar.