Here's a look back at this week at MLTBR:
- The Nationals acquired outfielder David DeJesus from the Cubs for a player to be named, then shipped him to the Rays for another PTBNL.
- The Athletics acquired catcher Kurt Suzuki from the Nationals for minor-league pitcher Dakota Bacus and cash.
- The Braves acquired pitcher Freddy Garcia from the Orioles for cash.
- The Cubs acquired pitcher Neil Ramirez from the Rangers to complete the Matt Garza trade.
- The Mets signed pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka after the Indians released him.
- The Red Sox promoted top prospect Xander Bogaerts.
- The Braves claimed infielder Elliot Johnson off waivers from the Royals.
- The Padres designated pitcher Edinson Volquez for assignment. They also outrighted pitcher Sean O'Sullivan.
- The Rockies designated pitcher Edgmer Escalona for assignment.
- The Angels designated pitcher Billy Buckner for assignment.
- The Rays outrighted outfielder Jason Bourgeois.
- The Astros outrighted pitcher Wade LeBlanc.
- The Giants released outfielder Jeff Francoeur.
- The Yankees released infielder Luis Cruz.
- The Rays signed outfielder Delmon Young and pitcher Jared Mortensen to minor-league deals.
- The Blue Jays signed outfielder Ryan Langerhans to a minor-league deal.
- The Rangers signed infielder Brendan Harris to a minor-league deal.
- The Phillies signed outfielder Roger Bernadina to a minor-league deal after the Nationals released him.
- Pitcher Cody Eppley opted out of his minor-league deal with the Twins.
- The Mets signed Dominican outfielder Ricardo Cespedes.
- The Padres acquired pitcher Arturo Lopez from the Mexican League.
- The Diamondbacks released pitcher Garrett Mock.
- The Red Sox released pitcher Jose Contreras.