A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Zach Links participated in the conference call with Cubs President Theo Epstein announcing the Jeff Samardzija/Jason Hammel trade and reported Epstein’s desire never to be a Trade Deadline seller again. “We thought a lot internally as we went through this process that we hope that this is the last year that we’ll be obvious sellers at the deadline. And, nothing would make us happier than aggressively adding to the big league team and enhancing chances for a World Series.“
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report the Rays claimed right-hander Cory Burns off waivers from the Rangers.
- Tim analyzed the trade market for catchers.
- Steve Adams provided a primer on the 2014-15 international free agent signing period, which began July 2 and runs through June 15, 2015.
- Brad Johnson asked MLBTR readers who will be the first position player traded. Martin Prado was the top pick followed by Chase Headley, Luis Valbuena, Dayan Viciedo, and Ben Zobrist.
- Steve hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Zach put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in a double dose of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.