A year before the first subway line was completed, the Brooklyn Superbas, later to be known as the Dodgers, played their cross-town rivals in a two-stadium, same-day doubleheader. The first game played in Washington Park began at 10:30 am with 9,300 fans watching the visiting Giants win the opener, 6-4, and later that afternoon in front of 23,623 patrons at the Polo Grounds in Manhattan, Brooklyn won the second game, 3-0.
Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The Zona wonders what will come next for the Diamondbacks.
- MetsBlog wonders if it’s too early to extend Zack Wheeler.
- Wahoo’s On First is fighting the urge to buy in on T.J. House.
- Blue Jays Plus says Jose Bautista should go back to third base.
- Beisbol’s talks Mo’Ne Davis and women in baseball.
- Baseball Stooges has some concerns about Oscar Tavares.
- Camden Depot says J.J. Hardy is contributing in a different way.
- Maniac Ball runs down the Angels’ farm system.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].