A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Yankees lefty reliever Andrew Miller, one of the prizes of this offseason’s free agent class, joined host Jeff Todd on the latest episode of MLB Trade Rumors Podcast. Jeff and MLBTR’s Steve Adams then discussed the potential for further player movement this winter, including the most likely trade scenarios and the active Cuban market. A new edition of MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report Roberto Hernandez’s minor league contract with the Astros is worth $2.65MM and includes an opt-out five days prior to Opening Day.
- Mark Polishuk examined the willingness of agent Scott Boras to wait deep into the offseason to find an acceptable deal for his clients.
- Jeff opines Royals GM Dayton Moore has pieced together a fascinating roster, which should be interesting to watch over the course of the 2015 season.
- Prior the Mariners’ signing of Rickie Weeks, Steve named seven possible destinations for the veteran second baseman.
- Mark identified Blue Jays catcher Dioner Navarro as a trade candidate while Jeff focused on the Red Sox’s glut of outfielders.
- Steve first tweeted David Aardsma’s velocity hit 92 mph during a recent workout the right-handed reliever held, which was attended by 18 scouts.
- Charlie Wilmoth listed the notable February extensions from the past three offseasons.
- Max Scherzer, Jon Lester, and James Shields topped MLBTR’s 2014-15 Top Free Agents list. Jeff asked MLBTR readers which signing was the wisest. Nearly 44% of you preferred the Cubs’ pact with Lester.
- Jeff also asked MLBTR readers who will win the Yoan Moncada sweepstakes. More than 30% of you believe the Cuban infielder will be wearing Yankee pinstripes when all is said and done.
- Steve hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
Zach Links put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.