We already watched a 26-pick conventional first round unfold before ten choices were made by clubs that lost free agents who had declined qualifying offers. Now, we’ll track the results of the final choices before the official start of the second round: those awarded through a lottery held among the league’s ten smallest markets and/or lowest revenue clubs.
As before, you can find bonus pool info and lots of useful links on the players being selected right here. Here are the results:
- 37. Houston Astros (via Marlins) — OF Daz Cameron, Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy (GA HS)
- 38. Colorado Rockies — 3B Tyler Nevin, Poway (CA HS)
- 39. St. Louis Cardinals — RHP Jake Woodford, Plant (FL HS)
- 40. Milwaukee Brewers — LHP Nathan Kirby, Virginia
- 41. Atlanta Braves (via Padres) — 3B/RHP Austin Riley, DeSoto Central (MS HS)
- 42. Cleveland Indians — RHP Triston McKenzie, Royal Palm Beach (FL HS)