A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- The MLB Trade Rumors mailbag is back! This week, Steve Adams fielded questions on Zack Greinke, Jeff Samardzija, Khris Davis, C.C. Sabathia, and more. To submit questions for a future installment of the mailbag, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In this week’s edition of the MLBTR Podcast, host Jeff Todd chatted with Josh Chetwynd of Elite Sports Group about his experiences in European baseball as both a player and a player representative. Chetwynd, who has been elected into the British baseball hall of fame and negotiated a European-record $1.3MM bonus for Italian shortstop Marten Gasparini, discussed the key differences between that emerging market and other international arenas. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Charlie Wilmoth checked in on the free agent stock of Alex Gordon. Charlie speculates on the market that Gordon could encounter this winter and also wonders if KC might be able to come to the table with an offer good enough to retain him
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account:@TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing conversation-inspiring images about the hottest topics in baseball. From there, we invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section, and even share the link with a friend. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instagram account, this is the perfect excuse to sign up and get one. Follow us on Instagram today!
- Gerardo Parra is hitting the ball well this season. What kind of deal could he get for 2016 and beyond? Jeff Todd broke it all down.
- Steve highlighted three major needs that the Rockies have, including their need to find a long-term solution behind the plate.
- If you missed out on Steve’s weekly chat, get caught up with the transcript here.
- Earlier today we rounded up the best from the baseball blogosphere in our weekly feature, Baseball Blogs Weigh In.