Did you know it’s been five years since we changed the look of the desktop version of MLB Trade Rumors? As the site approaches its ten-year anniversary, we decided it’s time for something new. Thousands of you have already previewed this new design, and the response was positive.
Most of the changes we’ve made apply to the desktop and tablet versions of MLBTR:
- More of an open, contemporary look
- New scroller up top with major headlines
- Arrows on the sides to easily navigate to our sites Hoops Rumors and Pro Football Rumors
- Search box is in a more prominent place; we’re working to improve the accuracy of its results
- Restructured navigation bar (Home, Teams, About, etc.)
- Load More Posts button at the bottom of the site, rather than Page 2, Page 3, etc.
- Sidebar: top/recent stories combined into one place with tabs
- For tablets, we’ve moved the sidebar stuff below the articles when you’re in portrait mode
What hasn’t changed, of course, is the core of the site. We’re still focused on bringing you the news and rumors as quickly as possible and providing context for all the information. And we’re sticking with one old-school quirk in our desktop design: full text of the latest articles, right on the homepage.