A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- So far this offseason, 69 players have signed for a total of $1.609B. Last week, MLBTR’s Jeff Todd asked readers to weigh in on how high free agent spending will go. More than 60% of you said that total free agent spending will top $2.5B when all is said and done this winter.
- Which free agent outfielder would you rather sign: Yoenis Cespedes, Alex Gordon, or Justin Upton? MLBTR’s Steve Adams pitted the three free agents against each other and the results were actually pretty close between all three.
- The month of January isn’t typically a big month for free agent signings, but this year, things could be very different. In anticipation of what should be a very exciting month, MLBTR’s Charlie Wilmoth looked back at major activity from Januarys past.
- What have last year’s lowest-scoring offenses done to improve in 2016? Charlie delved into the moves made by the Braves, Marlins, White Sox, Phillies, and Reds.
- Free agent hurlers Jeff Samardzija and Mike Leake both came away with sizable paydays this winter. On Saturday, Charlie asked MLBTR readers which contract they prefer: Shark’s five-year, $90MM pact or Leake’s five-year, $80MM deal.
- On Tuesday, Steve hosted a chat and discussed the White Sox, Aroldis Chapman, the Nationals, and more. On New Year’s Eve, Jeff fielded a wide range of questions from MLBTR readers.
- On Sunday morning, MLBTR featured the best of the baseball blogosphere in our weekly segment, Baseball Blogs Weigh In.