MLBTR’s original features from this week:
- MLBTR welcomed back former Rockies outfielder Ryan Spilborghs and longtime reliever Burke Badenhop for a pair of guest pieces. Ryan offered insight into how September baseball affected his career (and how it impacts other major leaguers). Meanwhile, Burke explained what free agency was like for him and why reaching the open market is such an important milestone for players.
- Jeff Todd honored and thanked legendary Dodgers play-by-play man Vin Scully, who called the final game of his incredible 67-year tenure with the team last Sunday.
- In the first edition of this year’s 30-team “Offseason Outlook” series, Charlie Wilmoth set a course for the Pirates’ winter.
- Speaking of the Pirates, Jeff surveyed readers whether the club should trade five-time All-Star center fielder Andrew McCutchen in the coming months. In other MLBTR polls, Mark Polishuk asked which team will win this year’s World Series, while Jeff questioned if the Mets should pick up outfielder Jay Bruce’s $13MM option. Finally, Charlie wondered if Major League Baseball should alter its September roster expansion rules.
- Jeff continued MLBTR’s “Three Needs” series with a look ahead to the Athletics’ offseason.