Sorry for the delay,
No real juicy rumors tonight other than the "hot" Mench and Lieber rumors, and the White Sox still trying to move a starter. But here are some of the latest tidbits:
- The Red Sox are considering trading for Brendan Donnelly, who will go to arbitration for the Angels. A potential deal reportedly would only cost a minor prospect.
- In other Angels news from the same article as above, the Braves are still holding out for Scot Shields in an Adam LaRoche deal, to which the Angels say, "What are we, stupid?"
- Humberto Sanchez could see a new team already if the White Sox can convince the Yanks to trade him for Mark Buehrle.
- The M’s asked for John Danks when the Rangers asked about Jeremy Reed.
- David Dellucci passed his physical with the Indians, making his three-year deal with the team all but official.
- The Orioles and Braves had a Hayden Penn/Brian Roberts for Adam LaRoche/Marcus Giles deal in negotiations, but the deal fell through and is apparently beyond saving.
- Talk of a Lastings Milledge/Joe Blanton deal has been rumored, as Oakland GM Billy Beane and Mets GM Omar Minaya met today.
Hot off the presses at BP, JD Drew’s PECOTA projection doesn’t look so hot: .286/.395/.472 (.867 OPS.) Oh, and only 14 homers. His OBP is very good though, and he will play above average defense.
by Chris Hurst