Is your team weak at second base? Perhaps you’ve been suffering through Asdrubal Cabrera and his .506 OPS? Take a gander at MLBTR’s list of available second basemen, and make a deal. Are we missing anyone?
- Brian Roberts, Orioles. There have been rumblings that Roberts may be off the market. He should be available come July, though. The asking price will be high.
- Ray Durham, Giants. Sure, you can have him. The power’s gone, but he does have a .366 OBP. Since Durham makes $7.5MM, this will just be a salary dump.
- Ronny Cedeno, Cubs. Cedeno can handle short, too. He seems to be progressing and could be a nice trade chip for the Cubs. Mike Fontenot might be more expendable, though, since he can’t play short.
- Mark Grudzielanek, Royals. Same old Grudzielanek, hitting his standard .300. He’s earning $4MM this year.
- Tadahito Iguchi, Padres. Seemed rejuvenated by last year’s trade, maybe it’ll happen again.
- Mark Ellis, Athletics. Impending free agent, fine defense. He’s a borderline Type A free agent, so it’d take something decent to acquire him.
- Felipe Lopez and Ron Belliard, Nationals. Neither is doing much with the bat.
- Mark Loretta, Astros. He’s more expendable now that Kaz Matsui is back. They might want to keep him around until Ty Wigginton settles in.
- Juan Uribe, White Sox. He was placed on waivers in March, and was a rumored possible cut earlier this month.