SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports from the GM meetings…
- Matt Holliday showed up at the GM meetings to talk to Scott Boras, sparking trade speculation by reporters.
- The Rangers failed to reach an agreement with Milton Bradley, and he’ll seek a four-year deal worth more than $10MM per. Good luck with that.
- Heyman says the Nationals are interested in Mark Teixeira and Matt Holliday, which MLB.com’s Bill Ladson first reported yesterday. It does not seem that the Nats have the goods to acquire Holliday. Heyman adds A.J. Burnett as a possibility, though Ken Rosenthal said to scratch them from the running this morning. Adam Dunn is a more realistic name for the Nats.
- The Angels haven’t ruled out signing Teixeira and C.C. Sabathia, though it’d be tough to fit both in the payroll.
- The Yankees are eyeing Orlando Hudson, and could even ask him to play center field. Nick Piecoro figures this would require an absurd offer from the Yanks.