By my count, the Scott Boras Corporation brokered eleven Major League deals for free agent clients this offseason. The total in guaranteed money: $341,100,000 (5% of that would be over $17MM). Here's the rundown:
- Mark Teixeira, Yankees: $180MM.
- Derek Lowe, Braves: $60MM.
- Manny Ramirez, Dodgers: $45MM.
- Oliver Perez, Mets: $36MM.
- Jason Varitek, Red Sox: $5MM.
- Felipe Lopez, Diamondbacks: $3.5MM.
- Willie Bloomquist, Royals: $3.1MM.
- Garret Anderson, Braves: $2.5MM.
- Joe Crede, Twins: $2.5MM.
- Alex Cora, Mets: $2MM.
- Ivan Rodriguez, Astros: $1.5MM.
Note that I left Kyle Lohse's $41MM extension off the list because it was signed on September 29th.
Nine Boras clients signed minor league deals: Chris Bootcheck, Andruw Jones, Rodrigo Lopez, David Newhan, Guillermo Quiroz, Julian Tavarez, Ron Villone, Jeff Weaver, and Brad Wilkerson. Eric Gagne signed one with the Brewers but was released. Byung-Hyun Kim remains unsigned.
Boras brokered extensions totaling $30MM for arbitration-eligible players Prince Fielder and Ryan Madson. He also reached agreements totaling over $15MM for his other arb-eligible clients: Xavier Nady, Rick Ankiel, Gerald Laird, Edwin Jackson, and Bobby Seay.
Five Boras clients were traded this offseason: Laird, Jackson, Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Holliday, and Scott Schoeneweis.
This info is accurate to the best of my knowledge but please let me know if you have any corrections.