Links for Friday…
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports says the Cardinals would lock Albert Pujols up to an extension as soon as possible in a perfect world.
- Bud Selig told Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Pujols, Derek Jeter and Trevor Hoffman are among baseball's best ambassadors.
- Their interest in Miguel Angel Sano is on hold, but that's not stopping the Pirates from being aggressive in Latin America. Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette passes along descriptions of six Pirates signees.
- Greg Cote of the Miami Herald says the Marlins need to acquire a closer, even if it means giving up Cody Ross, Jeremy Hermida or Dan Uggla.
- MLB.com's Mark Bowman reports that possible trade candidate Javier Vazquez will miss his next start with an abdominal strain.
- Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune asks his readers whether the Twins should trade for Freddy Sanchez.
- The Indians signed second rounder Jason Kipnis, according to a team press release.
- MLB.com's John Torenli reports that Padres prospect Mat Latos pitched five perfect innings last night.