Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports believes the Orioles should stick with manager Dave Trembley next year because his teams haven't quit; they've just been overmatched. Rosenthal says it looks like Trembley's "a goner." Here are the rest of the rumors:
- Rosenthal says Jim Riggleman and even Bobby Cox are among the managers with uncertain futures.
- The Yankees inquired on Bronson Arroyo and Aaron Harang, but lost interest when the Reds refused to send money along.
- The Yankees are looking for starting pitching, but aren't likely to add anyone before rosters expand at the beginning of September.
- Billy Wagner could be a trade target, but the Mets would have to be prepared to take on salary in any deal.
- Rosenthal says Grady Sizemore, Asdrubal Cabrera, Luis Valbuena, Carlos Santana and others should give the Indians strength up the middle for years.