- Sabean said he got clearance to match an offer Huff received from another team in making a two-year, $22MM proposal. You might think the Giants overpaid to retain Huff, but at least one other club was willing to offer him big money too.
- Pat Burrell has been informed by Sabean that the club will take care of other business before revisiting his situation.
- Talks with Juan Uribe are active but on a slower track. Sabean feels Uribe will have multiple offers as a shortstop or third baseman in the weak infield market. I expect Uribe to be offered arbitration today.
- The Giants had talks with a free agent shortstop from another club today, says Sabean. I suppose that could mean Orlando Cabrera or Cesar Izturis; there's not much out there. Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets that the Giants are not expected to bid on Tsuyoshi Nishioka before today's 4pm central deadline.
- Sabean says he might have to move money around and may not be able to tender contracts to all eight of his arbitration eligible players. The Giants have Andres Torres, Javier Lopez, Jonathan Sanchez, Ramon Ramirez, Mike Fontenot, Santiago Casilla, Cody Ross, and Chris Ray up for arbitration. The non-tender deadline is December 2nd.