Links for Wednesday evening to tide you over until Opening Day…
- Peter Gammons offers up some predictions at MLB.com, but not before explaining how quickly things can change once the season begins. MLBTR's team made postseason and award picks earlier tonight.
- Commissioner Bud Selig says he's hopeful for peaceful negotiations between MLB and the MLBPA after the season, according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez. "Hopefully, we'll do it the way we did it in '06 — thoughtfully, carefully and quietly," Selig said.
- Tigers manager Jim Leyland told MLB.com's Jason Beck that he doesn't feel additional pressure because he's in the last year of his contract. “If we do all right, I assume I’ll be here," Leyland said. "If we don’t, I probably won’t be.”
- Rangers president Nolan Ryan told MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan that he expects Texas to repeat as AL West champions. The Rangers will have the flexibility to make another major midseason acquisition, according to Ryan.
- Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said on 710 ESPN's Mason and Ireland show that he was surprised by Andre Ethier's recent comments and that he has no interest in moving him (via ESPNLosAngeles).
I cannot believe that tomorrow is opening day. If final exams are good for one thing, its getting me a half day of school so I can come home and watch the game at 1:00.
Step 1: Take exams
Step 2: Watch Tigers game
Step 3: Weep over the failure of my exams
This is my day tomorrow:
Step 1: Field teaching from beginning of school day to end of school day.
Step 2: Make it home in time to maybe catch the tail end of the game.
Step 3: Go to work about 30 minutes after I get home.
Step 4: Facepalm when done with work for not planning ahead.
I will pray for you.
I was looking forward to Verlander/Sabathia so badly. Well, at least I’ll be able to catch a few Tigers games on-line along the way.
Radio? Even though Dan Dickerson and Dave Price suck, it’s still something. Unless your from New York, in which case I laugh….. not sure why I laugh though.
Nah I’m currently in Milwaukee. I just won’t be able to catch the game in any form and I’ll just have to deal with it.
sounds smart, but it means you basically can’t talk to anyone you like for the rest of the day. or listen to the radio or look at a television. land mines everywhere
Heres my day tomorrow
no work rest of week
drunk most of the day !!!
its gonna be a good one
reason 53776-C working from home is win: opening day
I’ll actually be watching the game before going to class (night class at 6:15, booo). Anyways glad baseball is back, hopefully my Yanks get off to a good start. Let’s Go Yankees!
After the first three games, I don’t care what they do. But until April 4th, I want them to die in a church fire. Go Tigers!
1.5 Hours of Physics
3 Hours of Math
2 hours of a drive from my school to Dodger Stadium
3 Dodgers Dogs
1 Giant Smile!
NEEDZ LESS MAFFS!!!
Hhmmm Rangers won’t win AL West. Let’s go A’s!!
Check out Gammon’s article. He wrote 10 paragraphs on the AL East. Then the AL Central gets once measly sentence. What a douche.
cant wait to see the Cubs game tomorrow hopefully i get it here in fort wayne
I like the Ranger’s chances of taking the AL West more than I like the A’s chances of winning the AL West.