The latest on free agent southpaw Mark Buehrle…
- Nationals GM Mike Rizzo made it pretty clear Buehrle is his only free agent pitching target, reports Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com. The Nationals are waiting for Buehrle to make a decision, tweets MLB.com's Bill Ladson. The Nationals offered three years and $42-45MM, tweets Pete Kerzel of MASNSports.com.
- The Nationals and Marlins are finalists for Buehrle, tweets Ken Rosenthal. Rangers president Nolan Ryan does not expect to land Buehrle, tweets Jon Paul Morosi.
- The Nationals are still in play and talks have intensified, tweets MLB.com's Bill Ladson.
- The Marlins are definitely still in on Buehrle, tweets Danny Knobler.
- Buehrle has narrowed the field to three teams and is expected to decide within 24 hours, tweets Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio and ESPN.com.
- Look for the Marlins to go hard after Buehrle as soon as possible if they don't land Albert Pujols, tweets Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald.
Tim Dierkes contributed to this post.
Marlins new ballpark isnt that nice.. at least from the picture I saw.. whats so special about it? Pretty boring
Wow!!!! You have to be the biggest loser to be trying to offend the new stadium lol Stop hating this team and go talk about your favorite instead.
Its boring man.. sorry you get insanely defensive… Miami calls it “the crown jewel” of ballparks? Ha
I kinda like that it is modern….a change a pace from the classic ballpark trend
You haven’t been to Oakland.
They don’t call Oakland “The Ballpark that Joe Blanton built” for no reason
Run out of Pujols and Marlins insults? Now you’ve moved on to the stadium insults? Really…
Looks like all 3 Marlins fans are out in full force defending their ballpark
Looks cheaply made .. just sayin
Still not one point about how the stadium is one of the top in the league… still waiting
I checked out the stadium just now for the first time and it looks pretty neat. Especially the backstop, might have few marlins in there.
It amazes me every year to see teams line up to pay for aging innings eater types like Buehrle. Yes, he eats innings, though he won’t so much in the NL since he’ll be removed for PH occasionally, but he’s also led the league in hits allowed 4 times.
Just get the deal done Rizzo. Give him a fourth year.
Back to Back to Backpost… “Officials hear Pujols will stay with the Cardinals” – ” Buehrle expect to sign within 24 hours” – “Furcal heading to another team than Brewers”…
Cardinals gaining ground here
Marlins, Nationals, and Rangers most likely
I’m thinking Marlins, Cards, ??? WSox?
KC maybe.. thats close to home
Nats will get buehrle
Angels will get wilson
Marlins will get pujols
Yankees will get darvish if posted or will work out a deal for Gio that dont include Montero (A’s dont want players who have played in the majors already) they could actually send nunez with someone else to atlanta for JJ now since they won the rights to that japaneese SS earlier could be interesting to see what they do there, and if they go after the cuban OF when he posts on what they do with swisher lol
Alberts staying in St.Louis
Get it done Rizzo
It’s funny, but it looks like whoever doesn’t get Albert will get Beurhle.
I’m gonna miss Buehlre so much on the south side =( thanks for the durability and good times Mark
this could end up being the next generation Chicago Cubs or New York Mets.Sign everyone on the market and get stuffed with bad contracts for the next 10 years.Loria will learn
The last 2 times they did it they won World Series.
The whole “all in” approach by the White Sox last year looks pretty bad now, eh?
It’s going to be the Natinals with the Angels and Marlins fighting over Wilson
So… Marlins or Nationals
calling it. nats will land him
Im guessing you dont win allot when you bet huh?
I’ve said from the beginning that Fielder and Buehrle would be better than just Pujols and having to trade for SPs.
Buehrle to Marlins: 4 years $58 mill per Rosenthal
Buehrle needs a solid defense behind him to pitch effectively. Nats don’t have it.