On this date in 2005, Mike Jacobs took Jose Valverde deep to become the only player in baseball history of hit four home runs in his first four big league games. He homered in his first at-bat with the Mets and twice in a blowout win over the Diamondbacks a few days later. Here are the latest links from around the web…
- The Knuckle Blog interviewed 2012 draftees Ty Buttrey (Red Sox, fourth round) and Brad Stone (Rangers, 35th round).
- The Yankee Analysts wonders if Roger Clemens is trying to delay his Hall of Fame eligibility.
- U.S.S. Mariner muses about a potential contract extension for Felix Hernandez.
- The Giants Cove covered some aspects of the post-Melky Cabrera Giants.
- Lasorda's Lair wrote about the impact of Melky's suspension on the Dodgers.
- Monkey with a Halo makes a case for and against the Angels firing Mike Scioscia.
- Over The Monster wrote about the value of Adrian Gonzalez.
- MLB Reports has some suggestions to fix the Red Sox.
- Through the Fence Baseball listed five things that could help the Mets contend next year.
- Kings of Kauffman doesn't want the Royals to extend Jeremy Guthrie.
- The Brewers Bar looked back at the Randy Wolf contract.
- Lone Star Ball makes a case for the Rangers exercising Scott Feldman's option.
- Wahoo's on First lists some players the Indians could trade this month.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if the Rays and Jason Bartlett could reunite.
- Yankees Fans Unite wrote about the Yankees' young pitchers and their 2014 payroll.
- Dodgers Rumors posted about James Loney's final days with the Dodgers.
- MLB on Deck lists some managers on the hot seat.
- Pirates Prospects defined baseball's small, mid, and large markets.
- 85% Sports analyzed the most cost effective team in the Majors.
- Full Spectrum Baseball wrote about Dylan Bundy as a fantasy baseball keeper.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.
“The Yankee Analysts wonders if Roger Clemens is trying to delay his Hall of Fame eligibility”
I’d have to say Yes