On this date in 2008, the Rays won their 71st game of the season to set a new franchise record. They finished the season with 97 wins and won the first pennant in team history as well. Here are this week's links…
- Phoul Ballz interviewed Phillies prospect Tommy Joseph, who was acquired in the Hunter Pence trade.
- Midwest Sports Fans wrote about Dan Feinstein, the Athletics director or pro scouting.
- The 5.5 Hole broke down the cost of Albert Pujols' early-season slump.
- Wahoo's on First explains why the Indians should start rebuilding.
- Levi's Landing shared some thoughts on the Giants' trade deadline activity.
- The Giants Cove wrote about the rest of the Giants' deadline story.
- Kings of Kauffman lists some free agent pitchers the Royals can consider.
- Seattle Sports Central speculated about the Mariners' 2013 rotation.
- Talkin' Sox with Dan says the Red Sox need an overhaul.
- BoSox Injection looks at the Red Sox's options with Josh Beckett.
- Rising Apple doesn't think the Mets should retain Jason Bay.
- Yanks Go Yard looked back at the Curtis Granderson–Austin Jackson trade.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.