On this date in 2012, Zack Greinke became the first pitcher to start three consecutive games in the same season since 1917. The Brewers’ right-hander was the starting pitcher in the team’s final two games before the All-Star break. Greinke started the Saturday prior to the break only to be ejected after throwing just four pitches, so manager Ron Roenicke let him start the next day’s game. Greinke then made it three straight starts when he took the mound to begin the second half of the season. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The Zona wants to see the D’Backs move Wade Miley in the right trade.
- Blue Jays Plus grades Toronto’s offense so far.
- Beisbol’s talks Masahiro Tanaka.
- MLB Reports examines what Tanaka’s injury means for the Yanks in 2014 and ’15.
- Sports Rumor Alert runs down trade targets for the Yankees, including Cliff Lee.
- The Sideline praises A’s GM Billy Beane.
- Infield Chatter has some take aways from the A’s-Cubs blockbuster.
- Baseball Hot Corner has 20 players the Blue Jays could go after.