On this date in 2000, Joe Torre became the fifth manager to win four World Series championships, joining Joe McCarthy, Casey Stengel, Connie Mack, and Walter Alston in the exclusive club. McCarthy and Stengel sit atop the leaderboard with seven World Series rings, a record that will not be tied or topped for a very long time, if ever. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot says the Orioles should pick up Nick Markakis’ option.
- Beaneball discusses Coco Crisp’s lackluster defense.
- Sports Talk Florida reflected on Andrew Friedman’s best deals.
- Inside The Zona wonders if the D’Backs might go for Chad Billingsley.
- Blue Jays Plus says Adam Lind and John Mayberry Jr. make a great pair.
- MetsBlog is wary of Jay Bruce’s hitting abilities.
- Baseball Hot Corner is glad to see Tim Hudson in the World Series.
- Rays Colored Glasses is concerned about Tampa Bay.
- Cheap Seats Baseball looks at the Rangers’ outfield.
- Beisbol’s Org discussed Jake Arrieta’s journey.
- Maniac Ball spoke with former Angels minor league trainer Mike Metcalfe.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].