On this date in 2006, Johnny Damon took out a full page ad in the Boston Globe to thank Red Sox fans after signing with the rival Yankees, according to Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com. Damon, who was beloved in Boston, took a great deal of heat after inking a four-year, $52MM deal with the Bombers. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogopshere..
- Blue Jays Plus looked at Aaron Sanchez’s mechanics.
- Camden Depot says the Orioles don’t care much about OBP.
- Yankees Unscripted previewed Michael Pineda.
- The Point Of Pittsburgh gave us the Bucs with the most trade value.
- The Sports Esquires discussed the qualifying offer.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders when the Tigers’ window might close.
- Dodgers Today says L.A. has to figure out how to use Alex Guerrero.
- That Ball’s Outta Here wonders if the Phillies going after the right catching prospect.
- Know Hitter talks internal replacements for Victor Martinez.
- A’s Farm ran down Oakland’s top ten prospects.
- RSNStats says Fenway wasn’t all that friendly in 2014.
- BASTA broke down the Giants’ fifth starter situation.
- Outside Pitch is behind the Nationals in 2015.
- Royals Blue says KC needs to address it’s power shortage and walks.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.