A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Rather than MLBTR’s usual Thursday afternoon episode, host Jeff Todd released three different episodes with just-traded young players. First up was Brett Phillips, the rising center fielder who was shipped from the Astros to the Brewers as a major piece in the Carlos Gomez/Mike Fiers deal. Then, Jeff spoke with prized lefty Daniel Norris, who was sent from the Blue Jays to the Tigers in the David Price deal. Jeff completed his early August trilogy by chatting with pitching prospect Zach Davies, who went from the Orioles to the Brewers. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Late last week, Tim Dierkes rolled out his latest edition of the MLBTR Free Agent Power Rankings. David Price tops the list, followed by Jason Heyward and Justin Upton. Interestingly, several of the players in Tim’s top ten were traded prior to the deadline.
- MLB Trade Rumors is now on Instagram! Follow us today: @traderumorsMLB.
- Steve Adams reflected on notable August trades from the past three years.
- Earlier today we rounded up the best from the baseball blogosphere in our weekly feature, Baseball Blogs Weigh In.