On this date in 2002, Barry Bonds joined Babe Ruth, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron as the only players ever to hit 600 career home runs, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Later, Ken Griffey Jr. Jim Thome, Sammy Sosa, and, most recently, Alex Rodriguez, gained admittance into the 600 home run club. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The ’Zona says the D’Backs don’t have enough trade chips.
- Rays Colored Glasses spoke with top prospect Brent Honeywell.
- Blue Jays Plus says Toronto’s deals were beneficial on and off the field.
- Ariball offered up a new formulation of SIERA.
- Baseball Hot Corner says the Red Sox should get Dave Dombrowski.
- Rumbunter ranked the top rotations in Pirates history.
- Nolan Writin’ broke down Leonys Martin’s struggles.
- Outfield Fly Rule looked at the Braves-Indians trade.
- Yankees Unscripted broke down Luis Severino’s MLB debut.
- Reviewing The Brew has ideas to rebuild the Brewers’ infield.
- Fueled By Sports says Dombrowski will land on his feet.
- The Point of Pittsburgh analyzed Gregory Polanco.
- Roster Resource pressed the reset button on the Padres.
- BASTA gave their impression of Kelby Tomlinson.
- Fantasy Pros looked at the closers that were moved in July.
- MLB Analysis says Michael Pineda is the best he’s been.
- The First Out At Third gave us a primer on Zach Davies.
- Baseball Essential says the Orioles did what they could.
- A’s Farm gave us their mid-season progress report.
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.
RE: The Braves/Indians trade — You’re talking three bad baseball players, but at least Bourn has *some* defensive ability and decent baserunning skills (if not blinding speed) and Swisher has *some* on-base skills and perhaps a little power. Johnson seems to have no baseball skills. Either Bourn or Swisher could be decent bench pieces for 2016. God help the Tribe.
The only difference between Barry Bonds and Willie Mays and Hank Arron, is that his head is Ten Times bigger than the Latter, But his Ethical Character isn’t a Tenth of the Formers. Still ,the Lowlifes in MLB who made Millions off his elk, and claim he’s forgiven and will go in the Hall of Fame, completing the destruction of Baseball’s integrity for the 40 pieces of Silver. Poor Shoeless Joe Jackson , Cheats in 6 Games in WS and is banned for Life. Bonds and Rose complete Liars and Cheats, Hypocrites will get in HOF , Watch , Just Watch !
Hopefully this is the last time Arod and Griffey are in the same sentence.