A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On this week’s edition of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, Jeff Todd and Steve Adams discussed the Nationals’ disappointing season before looking ahead to the offseason and their 2016 roster. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account:@TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing conversation-inspiring images about the hottest topics in baseball. From there, we invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section, and even share the link with a friend. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instagram account, this is the perfect excuse to sign up and get one. Follow us on Instagram today!
- In the latest edition of the MLBTR Mailbag, Steve fielded questions on the KBO, the Reds’ core, R.A. Dickey, and more.
- The Phillies aren’t on anybody’s list to contend next season, but there are reasons to feel optimistic about the future of the club, Brad Johnson writes. Brad laid out some of the key things that the Phillies need to do this winter, including finding a resolution to the Ryan Howard situation.
- If Marco Estrada doesn’t have the qualifying offer hanging over him, he could get a lot of interest as an under-the-radar choice for a team that misses out on the big names in the first or second tier of free agent arms, Mark Polishuk writes.
- Submarine pitcher Darren O’Day is poised to hit the open market as one of the best late-inning arms available and Jeff checked in on his stock to see what kind of deal he could fetch.
- The Reds need to maximize the value of Aroldis Chapman, Jeff writes.
- Steve ran down three major needs that the Brewers will have this offseason.
- If you missed out on this week’s chat with Steve, you can get caught up by reading the transcript here.