A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- In the latest edition of Tim Dierkes’ power rankings, slugger Chris Davis is slotted at No. 4 with more earning power than Yoenis Cespedes, who is No. 5. Click the link to see his entire top ten list, including a couple of honorable mentions.
- On the most recent edition of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, host Jeff Todd spoke with veteran right-hander David Aardsma to talk about how the veteran reliever is navigating the later stages of his career. Aardsma offered his thoughts on the feeling of being traded and being designated for assignment as well as the difficult decision to opt out of his minor league deal with the Dodgers this year. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched a brand new official Instagram account:@TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing conversation-inspiring images about the hottest topics in baseball. From there, we invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section, and even share the link with a friend. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have an Instagram account, this is the perfect excuse to sign up and get one. Follow us on Instagram today!
- In the most recent edition of the MLBTR Mailbag, Mark Polishuk fielded questions on Jason Heyward, Daniel Murphy and possible free agent targets for the Red Sox.
- Last week, Tim hosted the weekly chat. You can get caught up by reading the transcript.
- John Lackey should be able to find, at minimum, a two-year contract with a stronger average annual value than Bronson Arroyo and Tim Hudson, but a three-year deal wouldn’t be shocking, Steve Adams writes.
- The Padres need to get their talent pipeline flowing and sort out the middle infield, Jeff writes.
- The top item on the Marlins’ checklist should be to solidify its leadership positions, Charlie Wilmoth writes.