A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On this week’s edition of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, host Jeff Todd spoke with Brewers GM David Stearns. Stearns covered an array of topics, including the team’s efforts to acquire controllable talent, the status of veteran catcher Jonathan Lucroy, and what he’s hoping for out of the 2016 season. A new episode of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast is released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- This winter, we’ve seen three hitters sign nine-figure contracts. This week, Charlie Wilmoth asked readers to pick the best of the bunch between Jason Heyward’s (Cubs; $184MM), Chris Davis (Orioles; $161MM), and Justin Upton’s ($132.75MM; Tigers). Ultimately, MLBTR readers decided that Heyward (~44%) had the most sensible deal of the three, followed by Upton (~39%) and Davis (~17%).
- As we head into February, outfielder Dexter Fowler remains available. Fowler is yet to turn 30, is capable of playing up the middle, and has consistently produced at the plate. Since the start of 2013, Fowler owns a 112 OPS+, and he swatted a career-best 17 long balls last year. Still, the presence of the qualifying offer has clearly hampered his market. Days ago, Jeff asked MLBTR readers to predict where Fowler will land. Click here to check out the results.
- In his chat on Tuesday, MLBTR’s Steve Adams fielded questions on Tim Lincecum, Carlos Gonzalez, and much more.
- In Thursday’s chat, Jeff answered your questions regarding the A’s, Brett Gardner, Austin Jackson, Doug Fister, and more.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched our official Instagram account: @TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing images about the hottest topics in baseball. We invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments, and even pass the link on to a friend. Follow us on Instagram today!