A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On the latest edition of the MLBTR Podcast, host Jeff Todd and MLBTR’s Steve Adams broke down the latest chatter around the Orioles — in particular, the club’s reported interest in qualifying offer-bound free agents Yovani Gallardo and Dexter Fowler. Then, they talk through some of their most and least-liked, under-the-radar moves of the winter thus far. A new episode of the podcast is released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- John Baker, former Major League catcher for the Marlins, Padres, and Cubs, made his writing debut for MLBTR. John, a veteran of seven big league seasons, was hired by the Cubs in December in the role of baseball operations assistant. In his first piece for MLBTR, Baker wrote about the lead-up to Spring Training.
- We’re in mid-February and there are still three qualifying offer free agents left on the board. Recently, MLBTR’s Mark Polishuk asked readers to predict which of the three QO players will be the last to sign: Ian Desmond, Dexter Fowler, or Yovani Gallardo? More than half of you predicted that Desmond will be the last player to put pen-to-paper.
- In the latest edition of the MLBTR Mailbag, Steve fielded your questions on the Gurriel brothers, the White Sox, the Orioles’ pitching depth, Pedro Alvarez, and much more.
- On Tuesday, Steve hosted a chat for MLBTR readers and touched on topics such as Mat Latos’ deal, Josh Donaldson’s new two-year pact, Juan Uribe’s future, and more.
- In Thursday’s chat, Jeff answered questions regarding J.P. Crawford’s eventual call-up, the remainder of the Dodgers’ offseason, and scary futuristic robot umpires.