Here’s a recap of the original analysis MLBTR offered over the last week:
- With the Astros having released center fielder Carlos Gomez, Steve Adams broke down eight potential fits for the former star. The Rangers, whom Steve included, have since signed Gomez.
- Jeff Todd looked at eight midseason prospect call-ups who are impacting the postseason race.
- Mark Polishuk forecast the upcoming offseason’s qualifying offer market, concluding that at least 11 players are locks to receive a QO. There are also plenty of other players who could also be in the mix, as Mark detailed.
- Jason Martinez examined the 10 American League playoff contenders’ needs in the wake of the Aug. 1 non-waiver trade deadline.
- In this week’s “Knocking Down the Door,” Jason listed four pitching prospects and two young infielders who are making cases for promotions.
- Despite being in first place, the Indians could certainly stand to upgrade at catcher. With that in mind, Steve polled readers on which path they should take at the position.
- I ranked the five best rookies in each league (AL, NL) as the end of the regular season draws closer.
- Finally, Jeff focused on the performance and potential offseason earning power of Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner, an impending free agent.