This week in baseball blogs:
- Jays Journal wants Toronto to pursue a trade for Marlins center fielder Christian Yelich.
- When Sid Slid shares a Braves offseason blueprint.
- theScore has some concerns about Clayton Kershaw.
- Pop Culture Abstract is leery of reliever Greg Holland, a potential target for the Cardinals in free agency.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at Gerrit Cole’s issues with homers this season.
- The Sports Tank argues that Brad Ausmus should be the next manager of the Red Sox.
- Everything Bluebirds explains why Toronto should consider trading Josh Donaldson in the offseason.
- Underthought examines how starting pitchers who entered games as relievers have fared this postseason.
- Mets Daddy is glad they passed on Matt Wieters last winter.
- Atlanta Baseball Talk (podcast) chats with David O’Brien, who covers the Braves for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Pirates Breakdown talks with Bucs left-hander Jack Leathersich.
- Clutchlings believes the Blue Jays will have a legitimate chance to land Shohei Otani if he leaves Japan.
- Hardball Via Hardcore flashes forward to life without Nelson Cruz for the Mariners.
- DiNardo’s Dugout (podcast) hands out NL awards.
- The Loop Sports assesses James Shields’ season.
- Call to the Pen delves into the possibility of the Phillies trading for pitching.
- Clubhouse Corner’s Bernie Pleskoff (links: 1, 2) analyzes impact players and rosters from both leagues.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2,) writes about the importance of starting pitching, and has a piece on Astros outfielder Josh Reddick.
- Rotisserie Duck highlights the best clutch hitters of 2017.
- Ladodgerreport is impressed with Kenta Maeda in his new relief role.
- The 3rd Man In profiles right-hander Adam Kloffenstein, a 2018 draft prospect.
- Pinstriped Prospects (links: 1, 2) lists five underrated performances from Yankees hitting and pitching prospects in 2017.
Jays From the Couch opines that Toronto’s outfield should not be its top priority this offseason.
- MetsMind points out that the club was terrible against playoff teams this year.
- The Giants Cove doesn’t hold Dusty Baker in high esteem.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com.