From time to time, as a service to our readers, MLB Trade Rumors will post job opportunities of possible interest that are brought to our attention. MLBTR has no affiliation with the hiring entity, no role in the hiring process, and no financial interest in the posting of this opportunity.
Major League Bullpen Catcher – Arizona Diamondbacks
Reports To: Manager, Major League Team
- Attend Major League Spring Training and designated camps/workouts in the off-season as necessary
- Spend the entirety of the 2022 season with the Major League team, assisting the Coaching Staff with catching bullpens and preparing pitchers and catchers as determined by the Coaching Staff
- Work with the Pitching Staff and Run Prevention Coordinator to help ensure that bullpen practice habits align with pitcher development plans
- Assist with different components of the advance process for upcoming opponents as needed
- Communicate effectively with the Coaching Staff and players, ensuring that messaging with the players is well aligned with the vision, goals and strategies set by the Coaching Staff
- Ability to catch multiple bullpens daily, up to seven days a week
- Strong level of intellectual curiosity and openness
- Ability to bring a positive attitude and energy to the ballpark each day, with a mindset committed to serving the needs of the team
- Moderate level of technical proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office products
- Strong knowledge of the advance and self-scouting processes
- Ability to communicate and connect with non-English speaking staff and players
Interested candidates should send a resume and supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.