Here's a look back at this busy week at MLBTR:
- The Mariners agreed to sign second baseman Robinson Cano to a ten-year deal. They also signed utilityman Willie Bloomquist for two years.
- The Yankees agreed to sign outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury to a seven-year deal with an option. They also agreed to sign outfielder Carlos Beltran to a three-year deal and utilityman Kelly Johnson to a one-year deal, and they also re-signed pitcher Hiroki Kuroda for one year.
- The Mets agreed to sign outfielder Curtis Granderson to a four-year deal.
- The Marlins signed catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a three-year deal and infielder Rafael Furcal to a one-year deal.
- The Astros signed pitcher Scott Feldman to a three-year deal. They also signed pitcher Chad Qualls to a two-year deal.
- The Tigers signed closer Joe Nathan to a two-year contract with an option.
- The Nationals agreed to sign outfielder Nate McLouth to a two-year deal with an option.
- The Athletics signed pitcher Scott Kazmir to a two-year deal.
- The Red Sox agreed to re-sign first baseman Mike Napoli to a two-year deal. They also agreed to sign reliever Edward Mujica, also to a two-year deal, and they signed catcher A.J. Pierzynski to a one-year deal.
- The Rockies agreed to sign first baseman Justin Morneau to a two-year deal.
- The Blue Jays signed catcher Dioner Navarro to a two-year deal.
- The Orioles agreed to sign reliever Ryan Webb to a two-year deal. They also signed outfielder Francisco Peguero.
- The Dodgers agreed to sign reliever Brian Wilson to a one-year deal with a player option.
- The White Sox agreed to sign reliever Ronald Belisario to a one-year deal. They also agreed to re-sign first baseman Paul Konerko, also for one year.
- The Rangers agreed to sign catcher J.P. Arencibia to a one-year deal.
- The Cubs signed reliever Wesley Wright to a one-year deal.
- The Phillies signed catcher Wil Nieves to a one-year deal.
- The Rays re-signed reliever Juan Carlos Oviedo to a one-year deal.
- The Nationals acquired pitcher Doug Fister from the Tigers for pitchers Ian Krol and Robbie Ray and utilityman Steve Lombardozzi.
- The Astros acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler and a PTBNL from the Rockies for pitcher Jordan Lyles and outfielder Brandon Barnes.
- The Athletics acquired outfielder Craig Gentry and pitcher Josh Lindblom from the Rangers for outfielder Michael Choice and infielder Chris Bostick.
- The Athletics acquired reliever Jim Johnson from the Orioles for infielder Jemile Weeks.
- The Royals acquired outfielder Norichika Aoki from the Brewers for pitcher Will Smith.
- The Padres acquired outfielder Seth Smith from the Athletics for reliever Luke Gregerson.
- The Pirates acquired catcher Chris Stewart from the Yankees for a PTBNL.
- The Rays signed catcher Ryan Hanigan from the Reds and Heath Bell from the Diamondbacks in a three-way deal. The Rays then signed Hanigan to an extension. The Reds received pitcher David Holmberg from the Diamondbacks, while the Diamondbacks received pitcher Justin Choate and a player to be named or cash from the Rays.
- The Phillies acquired pitcher Brad Lincoln from the Blue Jays for catcher Erik Kratz and pitcher Rob Rasmussen.
- 43 players were non-tendered.
- The Pirates designated catcher Michael McKenry for assignment.
- The Twins designated pitcher Liam Hendriks for assignment.
- The Athletics designated pitcher Andrew Werner for assignment.
- The Tigers designated infielder Dixon Machado for assignment.
- The White Sox outrighted outfielder Blake Tekotte and infielder Mike McDade.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Offseason In Review: Pittsburgh Pirates Twins Still Have Offer Out To Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Orioles, Nationals, Manaea, White Sox MLBTR Originals Chase Headley Extension Remains Unlikely NL Notes: Medlen, Cubs, Padres, Rockies Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Ervin Santana Rumors: Sunday Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez AL Notes: Santana, O's, Porcello, Masterson, Rangers White Sox, Mariners Have Discussed Viciedo Deal Week In Review: 3/2/14 - 3/8/14 Cafardo On Stanton, De Aza, Porcello, Drew, Britton Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Orioles, Barnes, D'Backs Quick Hits: Astros, Beltran, Orioles
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors