What better way to keep warm during a week in which millions of people had to dig out from Winter Storms Juno and Linus than to look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR:
- MLB Trade Rumors Podcast featured host Jeff Todd analyzing the upcoming extension season and reviewing the Astros’ busy winter with Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle. A new edition of MLB Trade Rumors Podcast will be released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Tim Dierkes broke the news of the financial terms and bonus structure of Devin Mesoraco‘s extension with the Reds after being the first to report both sides were nearing a deal.
- Jeff listed the seven most intriguing free agents still on the market, two of whom (Alexi Ogando and Chad Billingsley) signed within 72 hours of the post being published.
- MLBTR was the first to learn right-hander Joe Blanton, who made only two starts last season for the A’s Triple-A affiliate before leaving the team and ultimately being released, will work out and throw a bullpen session for interested clubs this Wednesday in Nashville.
- Steve Adams hosted this week’s live chat.
- Zach Links assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.