More links for Tuesday…
- ESPN.com's Jorge Arangure Jr. hears the Royals are a likely destination for Cheslor Cuthbert, a Nicaraguan prospect who would command a bonus of about $1MM.
- Jon Heyman of SI.com hears from a Mets official that the team "will not mortgage [their] future" this summer in any trades.
- Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer continues to argue that firing Eric Wedge won't solve the Indians' problems even though Mike Hargrove, who some would like to see back in Cleveland, is a skilled manager.
- Tom Verducci of SI.com says Donald Fehr did his job well- too well, in fact. Check the story out for some anecdotes from years ago.
- The Detroit Free Press reports that Magglio Ordonez returns to the Tigers' lineup tonight.
- ESPN.com's Rob Neyer suggests the Mariners should choose talent over sentiment if they're serious about winning this year.
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox signed second round pick David Holmberg.
- I'll be talking rumors with the Benchwarmers on 590 KFNS in St. Louis at 11pm CST tonight so tune in if you're in the area or online.