SI.com's Jon Heyman identifies the GMs facing the most pressure heading into the second half of the season and passes along some rumors, too:
- Despite "occasional rumblings" about Omar Minaya's job security, injuries are to blame for the Mets' disappointing start, so Minaya's bosses aren't about to blame him for the season.
- The Nats plan on hiring a permanent GM soon and acting GM Mike Rizzo is in the running for the position.
- Giants GM Brian Sabean saved one of his best showings for his walk year. He's put together a playoff contender and a talented crop of minor leaguers just as his deal's about to expire.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore and Braves GM Frank Wren are expected to have some time to work with.
- It doesn't look like Indians GM Mark Shapiro will ascend to club president this year.
- Heyman likes the Phillies' acquisition of Pedro Martinez.
- Mark Mulder could be the next pitcher to sign, as he's 95% ready, according to his agent.
- Heyman thinks the Red Sox will be able to lock Jason Bay up once they start talking extension.
- Look for the Reds to continue their hunt for outfielders.