More links for the morning…
- One GM told Brian Lewis of the New York Post that he expects Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman to sign for less than the $52MM that Daisuke Matsuzaka received before the 2007 season.
- One executive told Lewis that Chapman will need some minor league seasoning.
- Padres GM Kevin Towers told MLB.com's Corey Brock that the Padres tried to sign Jayson Werth a few years ago. Towers is impressed with the former catcher's athleticism in the outfield.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald hears from Marlins president David Samson that the team isn't discussing long term deals with any of its players. Even with a new ballpark on the way, Samson said the Marlins need to be cautious spenders.
- Be sure to follow MLBTR on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook, where we're asking a question that's on everybody's mind: Where will Roy Halladay end up?