Links for Wednesday, as Ty Wigginton continues his assault on the American League…
- Milton Bradley left the Mariners in the middle of last night's game, reports ESPN's Mike Salk. The distractions become difficult to tolerate when he's hitting .214/.313/.371. GM Jack Zduriencik says Bradley asked the organization for help following last night's incident and will sit out for a few days while he works out personal "issues," according to Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times.
- Bradley, for his part, texted Peter Gammons (Twitter link) to say: "Any reports I said I'm packing up and leaving are 100% fabricated."
- The Cardinals aren't sure yet whether Aaron Miles will work his way up to the bigs, writes Andy Jasner at MLB.com. The team is evaluating Miles' progress after signing him to a minor league deal last week.
- Baseball fans are mourning the loss of Tigers announcer Ernie Harwell, who was 92. A public viewing will take place Thursday night at Comerica Park.
- Barry Zito's 2014 option for $18MM vests if he starts racking up 200 inning seasons, reports Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. Even if it remains a club option, the Giants face a hefty $7MM buyout.
- Baseball America's Jim Callis says Texas high school righty Jameson Taillon is the consensus #2 in the June draft. Will the Pirates spring for him? Will the Orioles have a shot at #3?