On this date in 2001, the Yankees and Mets completed a rare trade. The Bombers sent outfielder/DH David Justice to the Mets for third baseman Robin Ventura. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Hidden VIgorish looks at players who underperform their FIP, including Tim Lincecum.
- Konsume says the big winners in Jacoby Ellsbury’s new deal are the Red Sox.
- The Shea Faithful says that Curtis Granderson is a good step forward for the Mets.
- NASORB is happy to see Robinson Cano in Seattle.
- D Rays Bay breaks down the surplus value that Tampa Bay should seek in a David Price deal.
- Inside The Zona loves the Heath Bell deal from the D’Backs’ perspective.
- Baseball Hot Corner wonders if Price is worthwhile for the Blue Jays.
- Outside Pitch previews the winter meetings for the Braves.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports looks at the importance of the Cano signing for the M’s.
- Replacement Level Red Sox examines Boston’s first base options.
- i70 Baseball says the Cardinals are likely done with major moves.
- The Giants Cove is worried.
- Blue Jays Plus is pretty frustrated as well.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.