On this date in 1999 Padres’ outfielder Greg Vaughn became the first player in major league history to hit 50 home runs in a season and get traded that winter. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot discusses the pros and cons of Bud Norris.
- Hidden Vigorish says the win curve isn’t motivating the Pirates.
- Baseball News Source wonders what A.J. Burnett’s value is to the Bucs.
- Inside The Zona says the D’Backs should offer Burnett a whole lot of money.
- Outside Pitch discusses the importance of B.J. Upton and Dan Uggla to the Braves.
- Rays Colored Glasses asks if Tampa Bay now has the best bullpen.
- MLB Reports delivers the Rays’ state of the union.
- Blue Jays Plus weighs in on replay challenges.
- Reviewing The Brew gets their popcorn ready.
- A’s Farm previews the River Cats for 2014.
- Pro Projections talks Andrelton Simmons.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.