On this date in 1995, Greg Harris became the first post-1900 major leaguer to pitch ambidextrously. In the ninth inning, the Expos reliever blanked the Reds as he faced four batters – two as a right-hander (his natural side) and the other two as a southpaw. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus goes under the hood with Dioner Navarro.
- Jays Journal says Aaron Sanchez could be a future closer.
- Inside The ’Zona feels that the D’Backs’ approach might be crazy enough to work.
- Beisbol’s recaps the rise and fall of Kevin Towers.
- Lasorda’s Lair caught up with Eric Gagne.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if Jeremy Hellickson and Enny Romero could be dealt.
- Baseball News Source hasn’t been wowed by the Red Sox’s youth movement.
- The Baseball Stance says the Yankees should go for Chase Headley.
- Screwball Baseball talks competitive balance draft picks.