A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- There were two installments in MLBTR’s recurring series Free Agent Profile this week.
- Tim Dierkes predicts a two-year, $26MM deal for Aramis Ramirez whether he remains in Milwaukee or if he hits the open market and is tendered a qualifying offer. If Ramirez becomes a free agent without draft pick compensation, Tim envisions the 36-year-old third baseman snagging $30MM over two years.
- Zach Links expects right-hander Justin Masterson to settle for a pillow contract to rebuild his value after a down 2014 and $12MM for that one year could make sense.
- The offseason began this past week for 22 of the 30 MLB teams and so did an offseason staple on MLBTR: Offseason Outlook. Steve Adams kicked off the series with his outlook on the Twins. Tim provided his analysis of the White Sox while Jeff Todd examined the Rockies.
- Tim was the first to learn the Super Two cutoff could be two years and 133 days (2.133) of service time. Players who achieve Super Two status earn an extra year of salary arbitration.
- Jeff updated the status of the nine players taken in this year’s Rule 5 draft.
- Tim was the first to report Emilio Bonifacio switched agents leaving Paul Kinzer for Gene Mato.
- Steve hosted the weekly live chat.
- Zach gathered the best the baseball corner of the web had to offer in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.