On this date in 1993, two and half years after accepting a life-long ban from being involved in the day-to-day operation with the team, Yankees owner George Steinbrenner was reinstated, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Steinbrenner had been exiled from baseball by commissioner Fay Vincent in 1990 for hiring Howie Spira, a known gambler, to snoop into the life of star outfielder Dave Winfield. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Inside The ’Zona explains why the D’Backs will be shifting more in 2015.
- Blue Jays Plus spoke with Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
- Camden Depot explains why the Nats lost money on the RSDC decision.
- Yankees Unscripted looked at the Yankees’ closer situation.
- Maniac Ball looked at the Angels prospects entering a make-or-break year.
- Baltimore Sports And Life polled the media to get their take on the 2015 Orioles.
- Bravescentric put Atlanta’s awful offense in historical context.
- Heat Waved wonders why Mark Trumbo is playing right field.
- Baseball Hot Corner talks Yoan Moncada, Giancarlo Stanton, and money.
- The First Out At Third wants to see Kyle Lohse throw more changeups.
- Royals Blue wonders if David DeJesus should be in the Royals’ Hall Of Fame.
- Pinstripe Pundits isn’t worried about CC Sabathia’s weight gain.
- The Point Of Pittsburgh talks aging the MLB life cycle.
- Baseball Essential asks if Drew Smyly’s frustration with Yoan Moncada is justified.
- The Sports Rekap spoke with Jerry Manuel (audio link).
Please send submissions to Zach at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.