We’re looking to add one person to the MLBTR writing team, in a part-time position that pays hourly. The criteria:
- Availability to regularly work an 8am-5pm (central time) news coverage shift every Sunday is required. We’re also seeking strong availability for other weekend and weeknight hours.
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration, draft pick compensation for free agents and international/draft spending limitations.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- The job may include opportunities for supporting research and social media tasks.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. We often receive several hundred applications, so unfortunately we will not be able to reply to each one.
In your application, please include the answer to this preliminary question: After which season is Corey Dickerson projected to reach free agency?