We continue our series of roundups of this week’s trade activity with the NL West.
- The Diamondbacks traded veteran reliever Tyler Clippard to the Yankees for righty Vicente Campos. They also attempted to deal reliever Daniel Hudson, but were not able to complete a trade.
- The Rockies did not make any significant moves, notably holding onto Carlos Gonzalez, Charlie Blackmon and Boone Logan.
- The Dodgers struck a significant deal with Oakland, getting lefty Rich Hill and outfielder Josh Reddick for young righties Grant Holmes, Frankie Montas and Jharel Cotton. They also picked up Jesse Chavez from Toronto for fellow righty Mike Bolsinger, and they acquired reliever Josh Fields from Houston for young first baseman Yordan Alvarez.
- The Padres sent Matt Kemp to Atlanta for Hector Olivera in an exchange of bad contracts, then quickly designated Olivera for assignment. They also sent pitchers Andrew Cashner, Colin Rea and Tayron Guerrero to Miami for pitcher Jarred Cosart, injured hurler Carter Capps, first base prospect Josh Naylor and minor league pitcher Luis Castillo, although they sent Castillo back to Miami in exchange for Rea after Rea had an elbow injury. Finally, they sent outfielder Melvin Upton to Toronto for pitcher Hansel Rodriguez and cash.
- The Giants got young starter Matt Moore from Tampa Bay in exchange for third baseman Matt Duffy and prospects Lucius Fox and Michael Santos. They also picked up lefty reliever Will Smith from Milwaukee for catcher Andrew Susac and pitching prospect Phil Bickford. Finally, they snagged infielder Eduardo Nunez from Minnesota, giving up lefty Adalberto Mejia.