MLB.com’s Thomas Harding has the latest on the Rockies, here and here.
- The Rockies will offer arbitration to Brian Fuentes, who is a Type A free agent. Obviously it’s all about the two draft picks, as Fuentes will decline. He’ll probably sign with a team with an unprotected first-round pick, too.
- Harding says the Rockies are already receiving calls on Huston Street. ESPN’s Buster Olney says Dan O’Dowd is telling other GMs he won’t trade Street, but some believe it’s posturing.
- O’Dowd backed off a bit on the idea of re-signing Glendon Rusch and Scott Podsednik, saying he wants to make sure there’s a role for them in Colorado.
- The Rockies won’t be diving in on any big-name free agent pitchers. They’ll either stand pat or pursue trades.
- O’Dowd called the Reds trade rumors "comical." The Rockies, by the way, are apparently not interested in Homer Bailey.