On this date last year, the Orioles traded Miguel Tejada to the Padres for Wynn Pelzer and the Blue Jays traded Brett Wallace to the Astros for Anthony Gose. Here's the latest from the AL East as we await today's first trade...
- Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Koji Uehara is drawing "big interest" (Twitter link).
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports believes that the Yankees have to acquire a starter before the
- Jeremy Guthrie, Uehara and Derrek Lee are the main players the Orioles are discussing, according to Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
- Mark Reynolds might get an extended look at first base if the Orioles trade Lee, who could be a fit in Pittsburgh or Arizona.
- The Tigers and Indians have talked to the Orioles about Guthrie, Zrebiec confirms.
- Yankees manager Joe Girardi doesn't think the Yankees need another starting pitcher, but the Yankees have a number of options to consider, Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News explains. Ubaldo Jimenez, Wandy Rodriguez and Hiroki Kuroda are possible fits for the Yankees.
- Rob Bradford of WEEI.com explains the pros and cons of bringing Erik Bedard or Jimenez to Boston. As we’ve heard this week, the Red Sox are interested in pitching, including Bedard and Jimenez.