Approximately 196 players were eligible for arbitration when the offseason began, but as our Arbitration Tracker shows, just eight remain unsigned as of today. Here's the latest on those players…
- David Ortiz, Red Sox – Filed for $16.5MM, team countered with $12.65MM. Ortiz is still hoping to work out a multiyear deal before a hearing.
- Mike Napoli, Rangers – Filed for $11.5MM, team countered with $8.3MM. Napoli's hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, and the two sides are focusing on a one-year deal before looking long-term.
- Adam Jones, Orioles – Filed for $7.4MM, team countered with $5MM. A hearing is scheduled for Friday, but there is a sense that they could settle before then.
- Casey McGehee, Pirates – Filed for $2.725MM, team countered with $2.35MM. The two sides are still negotiating, but a hearing is scheduled for Thursday.
- Garrett Jones, Pirates – Filed for $2.5MM, team countered with $2.25MM. MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith explained how his case is linked to McGehee's earlier this month.
- Jose Veras, Brewers – Filed for $2.375MM, team countered with $2MM. There has been no progress in talks and the club expects a hearing.
- Casey Janssen, Blue Jays - Filed for $2.2MM, team countered with $1.8MM. There has been no update on the right-hander's status.
- Alexi Casilla, Twins – Filed for $1.75MM, team countered with $1.065MM. We haven't heard much about Casilla this offseason.