Albert Pujols hit his 30th homer of the season on this date in 2004, making him the first player in history to hit at least 30 home runs in each of his first four seasons as a big leaguers. He's also the first player in history to hit at least 30 homers in each of his first five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, and eleven seasons. Here's the latest from around the league following the trade deadline…
- Through The Fence Baseball wrote about the Astros and the prospect market.
- MLB Reports explains why GM Jerry Dipoto is exactly what the Angels need.
- The Outside Corner analyzed the Zack Greinke trade.
- Lone Star Ball is on board with the Rangers acquiring Ryan Dempster.
- Giants Nirvana is neutral about the Hunter Pence acquisition.
- Lasorda's Lair wrote about the weirdness of acquiring Shane Victorino.
- Dodgers Nation wonders if the Dodgers should claim Cliff Lee off waivers.
- Yanks Go Yard broke down the trade deadline activity in the AL East.
- BoSox Injection thinks the Red Sox could be poised for a big offseason.
- Dr. Strangeglove analyzed the Pirates and their deadline moves.
- Pirates Prospects looked at how the deadline impacted the Pirates' 2013 payroll.
- The Brewers Bar thinks the Brewers' lack of deadline moves is a good thing.
- Twins Baseball Clubhouse wrote the Twins' lack of deadline activity.
- Wahoo's on First graded the Indians' lack of activity at the deadline.
- NASORB wrote about the future of Jason Vargas with the Mariners.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog listed the deadline winners and losers.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.